Tuesday, January 13, 2009

LAKEWOOD CHURCH

I was never one to watch television preachers, I was raised Catholic and while I only go to church occasionally, I still feel that's what I am, and I never really took tv ministers seriously anyway. Then one night a few years ago when I was feeling kind of stuck and discouraged I was flipping through the channels and came across Joel Osteen's service at Lakewood Church and it kind of woke me up. He was talking about the bible passage where Jesus said "Get up, pick up your bed, and walk" and his demeanor is so happy and encouraging that I was hooked and I've been watching him ever since. I should add in case you watch him that one thing that irks me is that he makes jokes about his wife, but then he also makes jokes about his brother so I guess I shouldn't be so sensitive.

I've had his first book, "Your Best Life Now" on audiotape since it came out and I've listened to it so much it doesn't play right anymore. I like having it on CD so I can listen while I'm doing other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment