Thursday, January 8, 2009

THE LAW OF ATTRACTION

I had read about the law of attraction years before the movie came out, but nothing I read really grabbed my attention. It was included as one point among many, and wasn't made to seem so important, although looking back I can think of quite a few events in my life that make me think it really is true, even though I wasn't intentionally trying to manifest anything with my mind.

For those of you who haven't seen "The Secret", let me explain that the law of attraction, sometimes referred to as 'intention', is the belief that our thoughts bring things and people and events into our life, whether we want them or not, especially if there is a lot of emotion involved. The people in the movie say it's a law because if used properly the results are predictable, that you can attract anything to yourself, every time.

Anyway, before I heard about this I just assumed it was coincidence, or somehow my subconscious mind, which I'm sure does have a lot to do with the state of our lives, but I can't dismiss the idea that somehow things are drawn to us through our thoughts, feelings, and even actions, although it may not seem to be a direct result of anything we've done. I think we have more control in the world than we give ourselves credit for.

An interesting element of this phenonmenon is that almost everything I see about this says we should ask "the universe" for what we want, and we should thank "the universe" for what we have, and at first I was doing that too, but when I thought about it, isn't it really praying, and if it is, shouldn't I be talking to God,(I'm not trying to get all religious on you), so now that's what I do. Maybe they're just being politically correct or something, I don't know. I should ask someone about that.

So, this is how to use the law of attraction: the premise is to act as if what you want is already yours. Pick what you want in your life, don't be shy, think big. Be confident that you can have it, and when an opportunity comes up, go for it. And always, always, be grateful for what you already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment